Monday, November 25, 2013

Potato and Leek Soup

I looked at several Potato and Leek soups before I made mine.  I found one that involved Potatoes, leeks and parsley.  Since I got all three in my box that week I decided I would make my recipe basically about the same as that one.  So gather the following ingredients:


  • 1 leek
  • 1 large red potato or the equivalent
  • One Bullion or one cup of your favorite soup stock
  • 1 tbsp of Butter
  •  2 tablespoons or to taste Fresh Parsley
  • 1 1/2 cups of water
Cut up the leek in slices and then cut those slices in quarters.  Do this with only the white and pale green parts of the leek.  Then cut up your potato into small cubes.  Sauteed the leeks in the tablespoon of butter until tender then add them to the one cup of soup stalk and 1.5 cups of water boiling.  Add the cubed potatoes.  Cook until the potatoes are tender about 30-45 min.  Here you can either smash the potatoes in the soup with a spoon to thicken the soup or put it through the food processor.  I personally smashed it with a spoon to leave some chunks. Once that is done you ad the about two tablespoons or a generous amount of parsley to your taste to the soup.  Mix it until the parsley is wilted.  You can cut up your parsley small but I wanted mine large.  It added a wonderful minty flavor to the soup.


Nutritional Information per serving
Serves 2 generously
219 calories
37 g Carbs
6 g Fat
5 g Protein
477 mg Sodium



No comments:

Post a Comment