Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another stir fry

I stir fry vegetables so much that I really should just bite the bullet and invest in a good wok.  I think that will be my next purchase on the check after this one.


On this meal I began by starting a half a cup of jasmine rice in my rice cooker on the Smart steam setting because I knew I could choose the time.  Jasmine Rice cooks faster than the quick rice setting on my rice cooker.  So the smart steam setting  boils the water just as well and also goes into stay warm mode after it completes so it works just as well.

Next I picked out my vegetables:

2 medium Pearl Potatoes (sliced then sliced the opposite direction making what looks like miniature fries)
2 leek slices (My leek is one inch across so its huge.)
2 celery heart stalks
1/4 of a cup of broccoli
1 cup fennel stalks and leaves
1 cup Radicchio

First you wash the vegetables.  Then in my case since my leek is 1 inch across I cut it into quarters.  Then I put them to the side.  I then slice the Potatoes followed by slicing them the opposite direction forming miniature fries.  I put these in a bowl.  Then I cut up the broccoli so its just a bunch of small heads and add it to the bowl.  Follow that with slicing the celery heart stalks and adding them to the bowl as well..  Then you slice and chop up the Radicchio as well as the fennel.

Next you add to your taste to a pan olive oil into a frying pan.  next you add spices to your taste.  Follow that with the leeks and a quarter of a cup of the fennel.  Cook that for a minute or so then add the bowl of veggies minus the radicchio and half the fennel.   You also add some of the fennel at this point in the cooking process as well..

Cook the vegetables until the celery hearts are just starting to be clear.  The potatoes should be at the point where they just need a few more minutes to cook.

This is when you add the remaining fennel and radicchio.  Keep stirring until the Radicchio leaves are wilted.

Make a bed of Jasmine Rice on a plate then spread the stir fry on the rice.

Now enjoy the fruits of your labor.


No comments:

Post a Comment